We have an extensive selection of eyewear including the latest styles in designer sunglasses and prescription eyeglasses. Here are just some of the lines we offer:
Making a decision about your eyewear goes beyond good vision and makes a statement about who you are. Your decision affects how you see and also how you want to be seen by others. But with so many different styles to choose from, getting the right look for your face and your lifestyle can be overwhelming.
Our staff will help you find the best fit for your specific needs and explain how different lenses and frames will impact your vision. They will help you narrow down your choices so you can find the look, fit and functionality you want from your eyewear. We sell top of the line progressive lenses and have products to meet your every need. We want you to have the best vision possible…think we are fooling you? We wear the lenses we sell!
St. Marys Optometry offers a large selection of eyeglasses, contact lenses and designer frames and sunglasses. We carry the latest European and American designer eyewear collections in a variety of styles, colors and materials including titanium, stainless steel and plastic.
Ask about our eyewear warranty, most have a minimum of one year.
New clients and all our current patients are welcome to visit us with their current prescription – no appointment necessary.
Most eyeglass adjustments and minor repairs are complimentary, even if you didn’t get your glasses from us.
Sunglasses are an important way to protect your eyes and ensure clear and comfortable vision when you are on the go. In addition to causing temporary vision loss, the sun’s bright rays can lead to long term eye damage. Ultraviolet radiation from the sun can also cause sunburns on the eyes and over time, can lead to diseases such as macular degeneration.
For those who wear prescription eyeglasses, sun protection is available in a number of options including prescription sunglasses, photochromic lenses or eyeglasses with clip-on sunglass lenses. The best solution depends on your personal preferences, comfort and which option fits in best with your lifestyle.
These days, sunglasses are not only highly fashionable but remarkably functional for a wide variety of activities. Sport and athletic sunglasses for example provide eye protection, reduced glare and better contrast to improve performance in a range of outdoor conditions. Individuals with prescription eyewear can also benefit from the advantages of these specialty eyewear by purchasing prescription lenses.
Prescription sunglasses are available for virtually all vision prescriptions including those for farsightedness, nearsightedness and astigmatism, as well as bifocal and progressive lenses. Almost any pair of sunglasses can be fit with prescription lenses as long as the shape of the lens doesn’t distort vision (which happens for example with extremely wide wraparound lenses). Therefore if the latest pair of designer sunglasses catches your eye, there should be no problem in fitting a prescription lens to the frame.
You can also get prescription lenses in most lens materials and with most lens coatings, including polarized lenses (for glare protection), tinted lenses, anti-scratch coatings, polycarbonate or Trivex lenses (for extra durability) and more.
Even for those individuals who do wear contact lenses, prescription sunglasses are a fantastic solution when you prefer not to wear your contacts, such as when your eyes feel dry or irritated (during allergy season or in dusty or sandy locations for example), when you are going swimming (it’s advised not to wear contact lenses swimming in any body of water due to risk of infection) or when you just don’t want to deal with the hassle of contacts. Prescription sunglasses give you yet another option for comfort, safety and great vision.
Photochromic lenses are another alternative for the prescription eyeglass wearer. These lenses darken in response to sunlight turning your regular prescription eyewear into prescription sunglasses. Photochromic lenses are a convenient solution for glasses wearers who find it a hassle to carry around two pairs of glasses. No matter what shape or style, you can protect your eyes and spruce up your outdoor look or your sports performance with a pair of prescription sunglasses.
Founded in 1937 by Bausch & Lomb, the first Ray Ban sunglasses were created for the U.S. Army Air Corp. Lieutenant John A. Macready (an American test pilot) was looking for sunglasses to protect aviators from the damaging rays of the sun, but also look elegant..
- The U.S. Army Air Corps pilots instantly took to the sunglasses, earning Ray-Bans the moniker “Aviator Glasses” — a term which now describes all sunglasses with designs that are similar to the original Ray-Ban.
- Ray-Ban switched from traditional metal frames to a hard plastic frame called “The Ray-Ban Wayfarer” in 1952 that met with instant popularity among both men and women from all walks of life.
- In the 50s and 60s, Wayfarers were worn by the likes of Bob Dylan, Andy Warhol, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Roy Orbison and John Lennon.
- After a dip in popularity in the 70s Ray-Ban invested heavily in TV and movie product placement. This resulted in Ray-Ban appearing in many now classic and iconic films including The Blues Brothers (Belushi actually only removes his sunglasses once throughout the entire movie), Risky Business, Miami Vice, Moonlighting, and The Breakfast Club.
- In the 2000s Ray-Ban has re-introduced classic versions of both its Aviator and Wayfarer models styled to appeal to newer generations of wearers.
Maui Jim started in 1980 as a small company selling sunglasses on the beach in Lahaina, Hawaii. Seeing a need in the market for technology that could combat intense glare and harmful UV, while bringing the brilliant colors of the island to life, they engineered the revolutionary PolarizedPlus® lens into seven new sunglass styles, including their Classic Collection which now has a cult following.
- Maui Jim is the fastest growing premium polarized sunglass maker in the world.
- The company continues to develop high performance design innovations that improve upon already outstanding acuity and adaptation to various light conditions including color enhancing treatments and precision prescription optics.
- Maui Jim prides itself on providing the most vivid and bright color enhancement available on the market, developed on site amongst the bright island colors.
- In addition to the classic, aviator style sunglasses many associate with the brand name, Maui Jim provides high quality sports sunwear for the active outdoorsman including golf, snow sports, fishing and marine, fitness and endurance, tennis and ocean wear.
Kliik, a fashion eyewear company from Denmark, creates an opportunity for men and women to make a sophisticated statement. Introducing modern design to inspiring colors, Kliik is where innovation and style make a perfect match.
Kliik eyewear is for individuals that are passionate for fashion, freedom of expression, and don’t mind sporting a bit of attitude. The collection is modern and fun, simple yet, timeless, strong yet sophisticated. The frames feature bright colors and eye catching designs, but clean and simple lines.
Born in 1962 in Kansas City, Missouri Kate Spade launched her line of handbags in 1993.
- Kate Spade now offers products in a range of categories.
- Once famous for creating her trademark black nylon bags, Kate Spade has built an international accessories business including eyewear.
- In 2004, Kate Spade shared her personal style and philosophies in her three books: Manners, Occasions, and Style.
- Kate Spade New York has over 80 retail shops and outlet stores across the united states, and more than 100 shops internationally. Products are sold in more than 400 doors worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent.
- Frames are fashionable and functional. Available in a large selection of colours and styles.
Dare to share your imaginative vision. Dare to be different. FYSH UK / Urban Kool EYEWEAR encourages you to explore, discover and settle for more. Believe in yourself and do what you love. FYSH UK wants you to see and be seen for who you really are. Unleash your creativity and express yourself with fun and funky styling, cool and creative textures, and splashes of brilliant color. FYSH UK is fashion for your face.
FYSH UK Urban Kool Eyewear is a unique brand of frames designed for people who live, love and lounge in a big way. The FYSH UK frame is inspired by the beauty of the sea in penetrating, funky colors, with creative textures that are ultra hip and kool. This FYSH UK frame is ideal for the progressive frame wearer who is bored with looking square, and is seeking a style that is a reflection of his or her personality.
Fysh is inspired by women who embrace their own spirit. It is fashion eyewear for women who are dedicated to making every moment count – women who are hooked on life regardless of age!